Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Traveling Snail



A co-worker of mine slaps this little guy on my hand. Just another day at work. It must be a stowaway from a delivered plant.
There happened to be a group of little girls in the Budding Gardener's class outside in the garden, learning about plants.
I came out to show them and they huddled chaotically over my hand. Some of them brave enough to touch it and some of them too little to even get a glimpse.
I pulled the little ones up front for a closer look and I swear their eyes bulged out like the snail's feelers.
I checked for any peering eyes of the Budding Gardener's and placed the snail in the bog garden. After a little word of warning to the snail, I turned around to notice
a bug eyed girl in the glasshouse window watching me intently. I walked back inside and the same girl runs into my leg in a rush then asks if I've let the snail go.
"Yes I did, but he needs to get familiar with his new home now. Try not to bother him". She pouts and tells me she understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arrrrrrchives