Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Carnie Rides.


Carnie1, originally uploaded by TokyoTImeFlickr.

The Carnival came to town.
the CARNIVAL CAME TO TOWN!!
I watched fireworks, and took pictures of wonderfully mad carnie-folk.
Actually I found myself strangely self conscious about taking pictures of the Carnie-folk. I felt as if I was taking a picture of an animal at the zoo,
or a Freak at the circus.
I spotted an obvious Carnie. Wheel-chair bound and scraggly. Neon glowsticks dangling from his neck . I found myself walking straight up to him with a smile on my face, of which he clearly had no intention on returning.
I grew wide eyed with expectation, clenching my camera. Then as quickly as I had made a decision to take his picture, I changed my mind...and kept walking past the man's menacing gaze.

I wonder how he is doing. Maybe somewhere far away in these lands, he is creeping someone else out with his menacing eyes.

1 comment:

  1. I also ate deep fried oreo's for the first time, and it was a magnificent thing to behold.
    Delicious, melting goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Arrrrrrchives