Monday, June 15, 2009

Rest your wings.


Butterfly1, originally uploaded by TokyoTImeFlickr.

Well, I'm not the best entomologist around...well I'm not an entomologist at all really...
Which means that I certainly cannot decipher if this winged beast is a Moth or Butterfly.
All I know is that this creature is Amazing.
I took this shot at the Butterfly exhibit in the Museum of Natural History.
It was one of the best museum experiences of my life.
I had a little bit too much fun. Imagine a really hot and damp room packed with all the plants from the tropics that butterflies love.
Release thousands of exotic butterflies in it, then place yourself inside that room. Flying things land on your head. You can reach out your hand in almost any direction and have one willingly land on your hand.

Also, this shot was taken with a Canon SD500 little snap n' shoot camera. This proves that these little cameras have pretty decent macro capabilities, due to their small lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arrrrrrchives